× Government Healthcare Islamic Finance Oil And Gas Real Estate Technology Telecom Tourism
  • Contact Us
  • العربية
    Logo

    Area of licensed buildings up 90.1pct in first half of 2021

    August 17, 2021
    real estate

    Amman, Aug. 16 (Petra) -- The total area of buildings licensed in the first half of 2021 spiked by 90.1 percent to 3.833 million square meters against 2.016 million square meters in the same period of 2020, according to data by the Department of Statistics (DoS).

    The figures, published on Monday, indicate that the total number of new building licenses went up by 95.6 percent, reaching 12,633 licenses in the January-June period, compared with 6,457 in the corresponding period of last year.

    The area of housing buildings stood at 3.350 million square meters, indicating a 93-percent rise from the 1.736 million square meters recorded in the same period last year.

    The area of buildings licensed for non-residential purposes spiked by 72.5 percent in the first half of 2021, reaching 483,000 square meters against 280,000 square meters in the same period of 2020, the DoS said.

    Buildings licensed for housing purposes accounted for 87.4 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, leaving 12.6 percent to buildings used for non-housing purposes, according to the department.

    In its region breakdown of the figures, the department revealed that the central region accounted for 64.9 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, while the northern and southern regions' shares stood at 24.9 and 10.2 percent respectively.

    petra

    Top News



    real estate

    Public Works minister discusses enhancin...
    September 22, 2021
    Jordan's real estate trade volume up by...
    September 9, 2021
    Pantheon in talks to develop 3D building...
    August 23, 2021