× Government Healthcare Islamic Finance Oil And Gas Real Estate Technology Telecom Tourism
  • Contact Us
  • العربية

    Area of licensed buildings up 3.6pct in 2022

    February 22, 2023
    real estate

    Amman, Feb. 21 (Petra) -- The total area of buildings licensed in 2022 edged up by 3.6 percent to 9.058 million square meters (sqm) against 8.747 in 2021, according to official figures.

    The Department of Statistics (DoS) said Tuesday that the number of new building licenses issued in 2022 declined by 3.5 percent to a total of 25,790 licenses, compared with 26,720 permits in 2021.

    Similarly, the area of buildings licensed for residential purposes decreased by 1.5 percent to 7.567 million sqm against 7.685 million sqm in 2021, the figures showed.

    As for buildings licensed for non-residential purposes, their area jumped to about 1.491 million sqm, up by a major 40.4 percent, compared to about 1.062 million sqm for 2021, according to the figures.

    Buildings licensed for residential purposes accounted for 83.5 percent of the total area of certified buildings, leaving 16.5 percent for buildings used for non-residential purposes, according to the DoS.

    In its geographic breakdown of the data, the department said that the Kingdom's central region accounted for 66 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, followed by the northern and southern regions at 25.1 and 8.9 percent, respectively.


    Top News

    real estate

    PM stresses adherence to building codes
    March 13, 2023
    Area of licensed buildings up 3.6pct in ...
    February 22, 2023
    Al Zorah – 2 Billion Dirhams Proje...
    February 20, 2023